Apply for 2012 fall NYU,Columbia,Seton Hall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

womanOTbound

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have finally finished with my pre-reqs and anticipating starting and completing my app for OT school. Eventhough Columbia and NYU's apps arent up for the 2012 school year, I wanted to get a head start and have everything in as early as possible.

Has anyone applied or is anyone currently enrolled in any of the three programs? If so, how are they and what do you believe helped you get accepted into any of the programs? Lastly, what is one thing that you would want to tell someone who wants to enter any OT program?

Thanks,
WomanOTbound

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, but I'm glad to see the 2012 application season posts beginning. :) Although there are still 2011 acceptance/rejection/waitlist threads still being posted, which surprises me. I'm applying this fall (also finally finished prereqs) but not to those schools.

What do you guys think about applying while pre reqs are in progress? Did you guys decide to wait until you were finished?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was actually wait listed for one school and rejected from two schools but I honestly wasn't close to being finished with my pre-reqs. Hopefully having everything completed will make my chances of being accepted better

I was actually wait listed for one school and rejected from two schools but I honestly wasn't close to being finished with my pre-reqs. Hopefully having everything completed will make my chances of being accepted better
Hey did you hear back from any of your schools?

has anyone heard back from seton hall or columbia?

Got an acceptance via email from Columbia today! Does anyone know anything about the program's total price? Also I am from new jersey and would probably commute. Has anyone else considered commuting to the city for ot school?

Got an acceptance via email from Columbia today! Does anyone know anything about the program's total price? Also I am from new jersey and would probably commute. Has anyone else considered commuting to the city for ot school?

Congratulations! I'm still waiting to hear back..
And I'm from northern New Jersey so I would definitely consider commuting since living expenses in New York is ridiculous.
When did you submit your application for Columbia?

I applied in the middle of November. What other schools did u apply to since we are from the same area?

Congrats on getting in!! Columbia is my number #1 choice for Fall 2013. From what I gathered, Columbia should be about $106,000 for the whole program. Don't quote me on it though. Where did you take your pre-requisites? (especially Anatomy, Physiology, Psychology and Stats). And what kind of statistics did you take?

Thank you

I was an exercise physiology major at William Paterson univ in nj so all of my pre requisites were accounted for except one. I took elementary statistics and general AP 1 and 2

I was an exercise physiology major at William Paterson univ in nj so all of my pre requisites were accounted for except one. I took elementary statistics and general AP 1 and 2
Ok. Thanks. I want to take online prereq but not if it will mess up my chances.

Anyone here heard back from Columbia besides LVD? Congrats to LVD. It's so funny how NYU is sending out their decisions now when they said that they were going to notify applicants in APRIL. Columbia is the one who's late.......

Anyone here heard back from Columbia besides LVD? Congrats to LVD. It's so funny how NYU is sending out their decisions now when they said that they were going to notify applicants in APRIL. Columbia is the one who's late.......

I heard back from Columbia with an acceptance, but only heard through email. I have not yet received anything in the mail. Did Columbia offer anyone a scholarship? I am from California and will have to move over there, and the program is pricey to say the least.

congrats! when did you receive the email? which program do you think that you're going to ultimately choose?