apply june 1st or wait 2 weeks after

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

J.Pearlman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, there is a certain rumor going around that applicants shouldn't apply rite on june 1st, and that they should wait 2 weeks. Not just friends, but even a few advisors are telling me to do that - is this true? And if it is ture, how come?

Members don't see this ad.

not sure how this could be of any advantage, since many offer interviews on a rolling basis. i've always been told it is best to get them in as early as possible.

If you are referring to your AMCAS app., I say definitely wait a few weeks to see if they have their act together this year. I have no doubt that people who applied in August/September of last year were much better off than the poor folk who rushed the deadline...and waited...and waited...and waited.
If you don't know what I'm talking about, do a search for "AMCAS" and "Screw Up" from this past summer/fall. You will get an ear full.

Why are there two threads on this subject both started by J pearlman? Listen Mr Pearlman---please delete one of the threads. If you want your thread to get more attention, reply to your own post and it will go to the top. You can then delete the "bump" and it will be erased and eliminate unecesary posts. Any questions?