Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Apply or wait till the august scores are out?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by AntGod22, Jun 11, 2002.

1. AntGod22

AntGod22 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I dont know what I should do. I got a 20 on my April MCAT. I have a 3.31 GPA and a 3.25 science GPA. I dont know if i should wait till around october to apply when I get my scores back from my august exam. Or do I apply now? I just dont want to be rejected everywhere and not even get the chance of showing them my new mcat scores which hopefully will rock.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Fenrezz

Fenrezz AT Stills Worst Nightmare

If you apply now, you'll have the opportunity to let the schools know that you have new scores coming in from the August exam.

It's always better to apply as early as possible and have your files completed early so that you're one of the first people interviewed. I believe, although this is my opinion, that the later you interview, the higher your chances of getting waitlisted, even with really good credentials.

If you interview with 200 seats open, you have a much better chance than if you interview with 10 seats available. That's what I was told by one of my interviewers at NSU, much to my chagrin. :)

4. AntGod22

AntGod22 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    But how are thye gonna know im going to be taking the august MCAT's? theres no place on aacomas that allows me to state that or check a box.

5. Dr. MAXY

Dr. MAXY Senior Member

APPLY NOW.....YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE, NAD MAYBE THE 20 MIGHT GET YOU IN SOMEWHERE.
    GOOD LUCK

6. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Banned
    Banned

Resident [Any Field]
    AntGod22

APPLY NOW

There should be a place on the application that asks you if you are taking it again.

When I filled out AACOMAS directly beneath where I entered my MCAT scores, it asked me if I was taking them again.

Look again at the application. If you still cannot find it, call AACOMAS directly and found out what's going on. (try to talk to Robert Ruiz...he is the man)

7. AntGod22

AntGod22 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Ok I must be a frggin moron, I found where im supposed to say that im retaking it in august. thanks for the help people.