whatdidigetinto

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
7+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2012
212
3
Status
Medical Student
Hey guys,
I could really use your advice. I'm a U.S. IMG who passed step 1 (250) and step 2 CS. However i took my step 2 CK after July 9, so my score won't be reported until September 16. Now my question is, should i apply on September 15 without my step 2 CK score and then update my application when my score is released? Or should i just wait until September 16 and apply then? I'm aiming for Internal Medicine if that helps.

Thanks in advance.
 

rokshana

Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2004
3,946
3,838
Status
Attending Physician
as an IMG you should apply day one...ideally with all your scores, its something you should have thought about before this but...

don't hobble your application more by submitting late.
 

Testup

2+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2015
46
1
I'm also in the same dilemma.. (Not the same great score as OP)..Any advice on my situation would be appreciated. I'm a DO student applying to ACGME IM residency. I have Step 1 225, Comlex level 1- 585, passed PE. Waiting on Step2 CK and COMLEX2. Should I submit my ERAS on Sept 15 or wait for my Step2 results?