Apply this Month, am I late with my scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nihitmehta

Osteopathic Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying this month, I have a 29 MCAT, 3.72 GPA College Cumalative GPA. I know I am late in applying right now, but do you think I have a shot with any podiatry school, right now?

Members don't see this ad.

Best advice to you is to call the schools at the moment. No one on here can give you a definitive answer. There's much you have to do in short amount of time that I would say you should wait until the next cycle. You still need to apply online, get transcripts in, letters of recommendations, interview and campus visits, financial aid stuff, deposits, and a whole host of miscellaneous things. Think you can get all that done in time? On top of this, classes are already filled for most schools and the cycle is coming to a close (less than 20 days left). Wait until next cycle and you will definitely get in to the school of your choice. My question is why did you wait till today to apply? Why didn't you apply earlier with pending MCAT scores? Have you done enough research and shadowing in podiatry? I hope not that you considered podiatry without thinking about it or use it as a backup plan or last minute decision.

Best advice to you is to call the schools at the moment. No one on here can give you a definitive answer. There's much you have to do in short amount of time that I would say you should wait until the next cycle. You still need to apply online, get transcripts in, letters of recommendations, interview and campus visits, financial aid stuff, deposits, and a whole host of miscellaneous things. Think you can get all that done in time? On top of this, classes are already filled for most schools and the cycle is coming to a close (less than 20 days left). Wait until next cycle and you will definitely get in to the school of your choice. My question is why did you wait till today to apply? Why didn't you apply earlier with pending MCAT scores? Have you done enough research and shadowing in podiatry? I hope not that you considered podiatry without thinking about it or use it as a backup plan or last minute decision.

No, nothing like that, I didn't know enough about this application cycle and thought I get second opinion. Thank You for letting me know I shall wait.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, nothing like that, I didn't know enough about this application cycle and thought I get second opinion. Thank You for letting me know I shall wait.
Dude, you'll totally get in next cycle. It sucks you didn't apply earlier, but go out and enjoy dat gap year.

Reactions: 2 users
NYCPM has a winter cycle I think if you're interested