Apply this summer or wait next year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted767916

Hey guys,
I was wondering whether or not to apply this coming cycle or next year.
The reason why I'm considering waiting until my senior year is to improve my GPA; I was really depressed my second semester after I got assaulted and I want to show them that I can recover and can handle the workload in dental school.
My current oGPA is 3.43, science GPA is 3.15, and DAT idk.

Any comments are welcome!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah it's a bit late to apply now, especially since you'll spend weeks studying for the DAT and then it takes 2-3 weeks for your official scores to be loaded and a few weeks for your application to be verified.

Start studying for your DAT, take it, and apply June/July of 2018 and you'll be golden

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry Guys! I meant this year as in this coming year!
So like summer of 2018 versus summer of 2019

Also is my gpa even high enough? I know it might be cocky to say this but I'm pretty sure I'll at least get an average of 18-20 on the DAT. With that in mind, with that hypothetical DAT and gpa good enough?

Also is my gpa even high enough? I know it might be cocky to say this but I'm pretty sure I'll at least get an average of 18-20 on the DAT. With that in mind, with that hypothetical DAT and gpa good enough?

Yeah your GPA should be fine as long as everything else is strong. I have a similar GPA and 6 interviews so it's definitely possible. I would say aim for 21+ on your DAT

I have a lower oGPA, higher BCP/science GPA, and a 22+ DAT. and have 6 pre-december interviews. As long as your PS, LORs, and ECs are solid, you will be fine. Be sure to apply broad however to ensure you get into atleast one school.

Reactions: 1 user
Apply next year (2018)and take upper level science classes to boost GPA
Also, volunteer, etc to boost app.
Take DAT and score atleast 20 AA.
I have a lower oGPA, higher BCP/science GPA, and a 22+ DAT. and have 6 pre-december interviews. As long as your PS, LORs, and ECs are solid, you will be fine. Be sure to apply broad however to ensure you get into atleast one school.
also ...this is because you have a higher sGPA which is what matters along with high DAT.. OP is in a totally different boat and is late in the cycle.