This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicineDawg

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I applied in June and was fine. When you were still on an MCAT study schedule what was your projected score? If you're just trying to go to a state school, I think you'd be fine. My state school didn't even start accepting secondaries until September and I submitted mine in October and still got an interview.

Do you have any other EC’s besides the ED scribe?

Members don't see this ad :)
I started a new club at UGA that focused on third world medicine as well as some volunteering for the local clinic for the uninsured. I also used to tutor accounting for free when I was younger in college. Recently, I have not been involved in EC's because of the time commitment but I did help found my sorority this year and write the new charter. It's not much.
Make sure you show your passion. You need to show how your activities reflect your passion.

I feel like the things that I have done reflect what I want to do. Unfortunately, I have had to put myself through school and pay for a large amount of medical bills following my heart surgery last year. This summer I hope to get back to volunteering because I do love that place but working is what I have to make my priority right now.
Sounds like a golden PS to me!

Reactions: 1 user