harkkam

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2006
Status
Guys do you think I have a shot this application cycle

my cGpa: 3.26
my sGpa: 3.33

Havent taken the MCAT yet will do so in July.

My EC's
----------
Biology Research
300 hours Peer Advisor
100 hours Dental Volunteer
Currently shadowing a ER Doc...but MD
------------------------------------------

I am going to try and get a letter from a DO so that I can apply to schools that require it. But if not then I am still going to apply to those schools and see what happens.

IF I can get a 27-30 on the MCAT do you think I have a shot at getting in somewhere this cycle?

Hoping to stay in the Northeast (ie. NYCOM, turocom-ny, UMDNJ, PCOM)

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

plsfoldthx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I think you'll be ok. Just keep focusing on your mcat and you'll be fine.

demayette

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
5+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2009
Status
Medical Student

My EC's
----------
Biology Research
300 hours Peer Advisor

I am going to try and get a letter from a DO so that I can apply to schools that require it. But if not then I am still going to apply to those schools and see what happens.

IF I can get a 27-30 on the MCAT do you think I have a shot at getting in somewhere this cycle?

Thanks guys.
I have somewhat the same problem with you. My cGPA 3.2/sGPA 3.48 and I have a 27P MCAT. I did not know if I should apply or try to increase my cGPA to 3.3+ before applying. But the consensus from many SDNers is that I should apply now and keep taking classes that I had C's on in order to increase my cGPA. Thus, I believe if you score 26+ in the MCAT you should apply.

Last edited:

jaywalk

5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I have somewhat the same problem with you. My cGPA 3.2/sGPA 3.48 and I have a 27P MCAT. I did not know if I should apply or try to increase my cGPA to 3.3+ before applying. But the consensus from many SDNers is that I should apply now and keep taking classes that I had C's on in order to increase my cGPA. Thus, I believe if you score 26+ in the MCAT you should apply.
listen to the SDNers :D apply early and update the app later with retakes in classes C or lower. Your sGPA is stellar and your mcat is good enough if you apply early. gl

jaywalk

5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical

My EC's
----------
Biology Research
300 hours Peer Advisor

Thanks guys.
Your gpa is a bit lower but still on par with most schools. Try to get >30 and apply. You will never know till you apply. In the meantime try to get some more EC's. Do something that you like. gl