applying DO: is it too late to be turning in secondaries? just got verified

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oreosandsake

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
posting question for a premed friend that just got the application verified 3 days ago.

it's November already.

a flood of applications are coming in, some with seemingly ridiculous requirements.

I'm not sure if it's worth all the money to apply. this person doesn't have very strong stats, but is willing on going to any school.

advice appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I guess it depends on your stats and your application. Some of the schools I remember not having ridiculous requirements were DMU, KCUMB, and Western COMP. I'd give these schools a shot. They all seem to have pretty solid programs from what I have seen.

I was verifed by AACOMAS in end of dec. or beginning of Jan. 2008

I got interview end of Feb. 2008 and now i am in class of 2012 for that school.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks.

MDpride - you have great stats, so it's no wonder you got in.

I'm hoping that there are other nice stories out there so I can reassure my friend... and that it'll be worth the $$$$$$ to send in these secondaries.

this person's stats are science gpa 3.0 and mcat 25

its definitely not late yet...i know a lot of people who have turned in sec apps even later than this...myself...i filled out the AACOMAS in summer, but it just wayto long to verify...i just finished my secondary apps like last week....

MDpride - I'm in the same boat as you were, and if you don't mind me asking what are your stats? Are you at PCOM-GA?

MDpride - I'm in the same boat as you were, and if you don't mind me asking what are your stats? Are you at PCOM-GA?

I am also curious about whether it's too late to send in secondaries or not.

I have an interview this friday, and they make a decision by the following monday. So fast!

If I don't get in, I want to know if there's still time to submit like, 4 more secondaries in a hurry.

i would say its not too late either....it took me about two -three weeks to get my secondaries in...if you move on them and get them in asap, interviews run until March for a lot of schools. Plus many schools have a fast turnaround, or atleast they did for me, PCOM got back to me within a few days of receiving my secondary, and Nova-Southeastern got back to me within a few hours!

Nova has an online secondary that took me about half an hour to fill out (no essays!) so go for that one!

I submitted my DMU secondary in the morning and received an interview invite in the afternoon!