Applying early....but still a lot more courses needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What's your Rx?

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hyello everybody! Anyways I've read some tips on applying early to pharmacy schools (thanks for all the help!) and anyways, I am very interested in applying early... in september however I have not taken many classes and course that the pharmacy schools require....I am planning on taking o chem 1, human anat 1, chem 2 lab, and misc course for the fall. Will not having grades and credit for those classes deter my early application and will they have to wait this fall semester is over until they process my app? thanks a lot everybody

Members don't see this ad.

I know s nevada needs four pre-reqs completed in the fall semester so they can calculate your gpa.

As long as you have a plan to complete the prereqs before pharmacy school starts, I dont seeing it being a problem.

At the time that I applied, I only finished Gen Chem1,2, Physics 1,2, Calculus, Pysch, speech and microecon. I was accepted into pharm school before having grades for Ochem, Bio A&P and Microbio (tho I also had a Bachelors already... not in the bio or chem field...). It is possible tho.

However, one of the schools that I applied to held my application until they saw my fall grades (UOP). Another school rejected me off the bat for not having enough prereqs completed (Univ of Colorado). It varies with the school too.

Good luck!

It would only hurt if your GPA in the classes you have finished is less than stellar, since they can't tell how you will do in the others until they're completed.

When I started my application I still needed A/P I&II, Micro, Molecular (for 1 school), and stats. No one had a problem with the missing classes since my overall was 3.5+/-. My problem was lack of experience. At least that's what kept popping up in interviews.