applying early

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GujuMD

1K member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was talking to my in-state med school minority advisor and she said that some schools won't look at applications who apply early until after they have reviewed the Early decision program applicants. I know that EDP is a separate application and the primary must be done by Aug 1st.
I jwould like to verify if schools don't look at the early applicants until after all EDP have been reviewed?

Members don't see this ad.

even if they don't look at apps til later, why not apply early just to get secondaries finished...and you'll be at the top of the list to begin with when they do get to yours. also, how many ED ppl can there be?

I don't know if schools finish with EDP people before going into regular decision, but I *do* know applying early will help you ALOT in the med school process. There really isn't a better way to improve your application for the 2007 entering class at this point except to apply early, it's like adding a couple of extra MCAT points onto your application.