applying for 2002, heard from schools???????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shmini

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone heard from schools
i sent out my aacomas on july 12 and i havent heard from aacomas or schools
should i panic

Members don't see this ad.

Heck no!! I sent mine June 1 and still have heard nothing

I was informed by AACOMAS in April that it took at least 6-8 weeks for them to process applications, and then the schools must take at least a week (or more) to review and reply to you. I sent my app out a week ago, and recieved notification from AACOMAS that my transcripts and app were recieved and processing (they were replying to my request, and took a couple of days - pretty quickly in my opinion - much better than AMCAS).

Members don't see this ad :)
how did accomas get back to you???
email or mail

I received three supplementary applications today..

Wasabi, when did you submit your AACOMAS?...I calld them and they're still wating for my MCATs!!it's been 4 weeks now... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by BrazilMed:
•Wasabi, when did you submit your AACOMAS?...I calld them and they're still wating for my MCATs!!it's been 4 weeks now... :mad: :mad: :mad:

I submitted my application on June 1st. According to the AACOMAS rep, my application was processed and sent out to the schools last week.. So far I received supplementary applications from KCOM, PCOM, and Des Moines.

Originally posted by Wasabi:
•I submitted my application on June 1st. According to the AACOMAS rep, my application was processed and sent out to the schools last week.. So far I received supplementary applications from KCOM, PCOM, and Des Moines.•

Congrats on receiving secondaries already.... You may need to start looking into www.interviewfeedback.com for up coming interviews ;) You're on your way.... Good luck

Wasabi (or anyone else that has received secondaries) - Did you get your printed application confirmation from AACOMAS yet or did you get the secondaries before that?

I submitted my app on May 28th... I'm hoping that some of my secondaries are in the mail. Congrats on getting them already!! It gives me hope. :) Liz

Originally posted by PalCareGrl:
•Wasabi (or anyone else that has received secondaries) - Did you get your printed application confirmation from AACOMAS yet or did you get the secondaries before that?

I called them about this question, and I think that most people will receive secondaries before getting the application profile. I still have not received my profile yet, but the representative said not to worry too much because it may arrive one week later.

Oh yeah, give them a call in case you have any concerns about your application status. It only takes a minute to get in touch with someone and they are extremely helpful and kind. Good luck!

Wasabi,

I'll be applying next year, but I'm curious what's on the secondaries. What kinds of questions do they ask? Don't worry...I'm not asking for your Q&A. I'd just like some insight into what to expect, so I can get an idea of where to direct my thought process.

Thanks.

I just wanted to tell everybody who is applying for the 2002 year that I'm praying for you and I know that you guys will make it!!!!!!

Ugggghhh! My primary application is complete (well almost)... I'm waiting for my April 2k1 MCAT to show on my account. I have a letter from AAMC dated July 2nd that they sent the scores to AACOM... yet as of this morning, it is not part of my primary profile. I'm still trying to figure this one out.... ho hum...

According to AACOM, my app is in "verification"... which I am presuming is a good thing. Only challenge (re: above) is that they are working off my MCAT from 1994 (expired).

I'm on a routine now... Monday phone calls... Wednesday emails... how does that cliche go... "The squeekiest wheel gets the grease" ;)

I am planning for the weekend to start working on the secondaries. COMP, LECOM, and NOVA are available on the web - so I am working on rough drafts so I can fire them out ASAP.

For the other schools that I am applying (AZCOM, DMU-OMC, KCOM, PCOM, PCCOM, UHSCOM)if you look at the forum posts (in pre-osteo) you'll find most of the questions asked on the secondaries have been posted by peeps that already applied. I have it C&P'ed somewhere. If you cannot find the original posts, please let me know and I'll re-paste them for all.

Hope to see ya'll at an orientation!

-A