Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

MD & DO Applying for 2015: Chances? Help me :( Stats listed

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by remediosthebeauty23, 05.15.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. remediosthebeauty23

remediosthebeauty23

Pre-Medical
    Hi, thank you for taking the time to read this! This is my first time posting on any website like this and I'm really nervous about my application :(

Here are my stats:

I have a 3.5 cGPA and a 3.28 sGPA for MD and 3.24 sGPA for DO.

I took the MCAT once and got a 28, I retook it and got a 29.

The rest of my application looks pretty standard/average except for my ECs, which are strong (nice leadership and involvement with social justice on campus).

I just graduated so my GPA stats are final, and I'm taking a year off to do AmeriCorps (something in the public health arena).

I am vying for really any medical school, allopathic or osteopathic. I am applying to about 40-50 schools total, MD/DO combined... Do you think I have a shot of getting accepted somewhere? This anxiety is debilitating and I don't even know what to think anymore. Please help.

Last edited: 07.23.14
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. remediosthebeauty23

remediosthebeauty23

Pre-Medical
    Also, if you have any particular schools you think I should apply to, do let me know! Thank you :)

About the ads