Applying for Fall 2010 (formerly the Class of 2014!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats on all acceptance and interviews. How long was the wait process to get a response about an interview from each school?

The ones I've gotten so far were about a month after i submitted pharmcas. It seemed like it was right after my last LOR got in.

on a side note, does everyone have today (veteran's day) off?
This is my first day off from both school and work in a while, its nice

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone apply to Butler?
I got an email from admissions about a virtual campus tour or something. I'm guessing they just send it to everyone?

(I'm really hoping that it means I'll get an interview invite soon lol)

I had my interview today at Shenandoah. I think it went pretty good, but I guess I won't know until I hear back from them. Everyone here is really nice and welcoming. I like the area too. Next is MCPHS on monday...

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview today at Shenandoah. I think it went pretty good, but I guess I won't know until I hear back from them. Everyone here is really nice and welcoming. I like the area too. Next is MCPHS on monday...

I enjoyed my interview experience at Shenandoah the best out of my 4 interviews. They seemed like they were a family and made me feel very comfortable. best of luck to you! Theyll let you know in a week or two.

Hi,

I would first like to start by saying congratulations on your success thus far.

I am in new in this pharmacy world, I actually wanted to be a dentist for the past 2 years, even applied to dental school (4 interviews). However I believe I took the wrong route. My mind is going crazy, after thinking about the future in this work, I have been focusing hard for the past 2 days on Pharmacy school.

Would anyone please help me? I understand the next pcat day is Jan 22. 2010. If I do take the pcats on that day would I still be able to apply this cycle?

I believe the deadline to apply to pharm school is Jan 5. 2010, is that correct?

I have all prereqs done with bs in molecular and cellular biology and minor in chemistry.

What do you recommend? to wait till next cycle or apply this cycle.

I have had over 1000 hours of volunteering with dental and pharmacy experience.

3.45 GPA, 3.5 Science.

I really appreciate for all your guys help soo much and can never thank you enough for helping me thru this important choise i am about to make.

Hi,

I would first like to start by saying congratulations on your success thus far.

I am in new in this pharmacy world, I actually wanted to be a dentist for the past 2 years, even applied to dental school (4 interviews). However I believe I took the wrong route. My mind is going crazy, after thinking about the future in this work, I have been focusing hard for the past 2 days on Pharmacy school.

Would anyone please help me? I understand the next pcat day is Jan 22. 2010. If I do take the pcats on that day would I still be able to apply this cycle?

I believe the deadline to apply to pharm school is Jan 5. 2010, is that correct?

I have all prereqs done with bs in molecular and cellular biology and minor in chemistry.

What do you recommend? to wait till next cycle or apply this cycle.

I have had over 1000 hours of volunteering with dental and pharmacy experience.

3.45 GPA, 3.5 Science.

I really appreciate for all your guys help soo much and can never thank you enough for helping me thru this important choise i am about to make.

lol copying and pasting messages is cool. I replied to your pm btw.

Just got done with my MCHPS interview. It went pretty well I think, now I just get to wait some more. I really like Boston

They said by Dec 15th via snail mail

Just got acceptance letter from Shenandoah! I now have a career lol

Man, I thought about making a secret class of 2014 facebook group like the pre-allo kids, but I don't know if there's enough of us to justify it.

Well hopefully that will change soon enough. Now if only pharmacy schools around here started interviewing sooner than January I could get some good news :scared:

so after some amazing days at cvs (read:sarcasm), I think it would be good to give clinical a shot. Think its a bad idea to apply and try to get a job, even though I'm leaving in 8-9 months?