Applying for HPSP at more than one military branch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shibaroo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to make a decision b/w 2 branches: can someone help me out please?
Can we apply for HPSP at more than one military branch at a time? Also let's say if i'm applying for both the AF and the Army, does the AF know that i'm applying to the Army, and vice versa?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You can apply for both.

I don't think there's any common paperwork other than the background check, so I doubt they would know, but why not tell them?

thanks coreyb. i was afraid that it would hurt my chances of getting a spot on the Air Force, the branch that i would prefer. The army was my back up. I didn't want the AF to look at me (who applied to another military branch) and another applicant, and choose the other applicant b/c they appear more committed to AF.

can i ask what made you chose the navy? i considered the navy but the thought of being seasick on a boat... well made me sick. = P

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a central data base where they can pull your file. Theoretically, you could just apply to one then call the other's and have them pull your paperwork and send in an app for that branch. Saves you time. The decision boards most likely would not know that you applied to other branches although your recruiter would.

Hey Goliard, i think at this point i am going to go on with the AF recruiter and stop talking to the army recruiter. i would feel bad "using" the army recruiter knowing that the AF is where i want to be. I don't want them to waste their time or funds on me since AF is my priority. I'm just afraid though, that since the AF is so competitive i may not receive a scholarship through them.

So i asked my AF recruiter if i do continue talking to the army recruiter though, if they would be able to lets say pull my paperwork or physical from the army (if i choose to continue with them). and he said, well when they put money on you already, they may get a little upset that you're talking to a dif military branch and don't necessarily want to help out, so you're physical results my get "lost." of course the recruiter won't encourage me to talk to another recruiter but i can see that happening for sure

I really wouldn't worry about the funds thing compared to such a big decision as joining the military. They can pull the paperwork no prob. but if you want you can always do the paperwork at both branches. I would be extremely surprised if they found out. The military isn't really known for it's communication skills.
Why do you like the AF better?