Army Applying for HPSP Late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NoDocWithoutDO

Class of 2024
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
After doing research regarding Army HPSP versus Army Reserve MDSSP/STRAP/HPLRP, I feel HPSP would be the better option for me. That being said, I started the process in August but backed out before ever making it for medical screening - I told my recruiter I did not feel prepared to make the decision at the time.
I know I will require an asthma waiver (very minor case). Will I be severely disadvantaged if I apply now?

Members don't see this ad.

With decrease in availability and increase in demand for scholarship i believe it is a little late into the game compared to other applicants. For now military is also focusing on readiness and prevention of this disease globally.

I am assuming you are applying for this upcoming class year. you can continue to be in the list and get looked at for 3 year scholarships as well (Esp Air Force and Navy)

You can decide what you want to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With decrease in availability and increase in demand for scholarship i believe it is a little late into the game compared to other applicants. For now military is also focusing on readiness and prevention of this disease globally.

I am assuming you are applying for this upcoming class year. you can continue to be in the list and get looked at for 3 year scholarships as well (Esp Air Force and Navy)

You can decide what you want to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see that you’re navy. Do you have experience with the Navy HSCP? I mainly went towards Army due to my lower MCAT - however, I’ve already been accepted to 2 schools and am awaiting a third response this week. But, if I have a chance with the Navy, I would be interested in that, too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm navy HPSP, had a 509 on the MCAT. If you got into a school you are gold. I swore in in November midway through the semester but since I started the process before school began I still received the 4 year.

I'm navy HPSP, had a 509 on the MCAT. If you got into a school you are gold. I swore in in November midway through the semester but since I started the process before school began I still received the 4 year.

I'm considering applying late as well - good to know 4 year might still be an option if I start the app before school starts.

In your opinion what are the main pros/cons of the 3 yr vs 4 yr scholarship?