Applying for medical school in Europe (mainly considering Switzerland), Canada or US.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kadaj13

Reaction score
I am a student from a middle east country with an engineering background. After several years of spending my engineering life, I am now thinking of switching my major and start studying medicine to become a medical doctor rather than an engineer.

I also do not want to study in my country and I prefer to start a school in either one of the European countries or Canada (or at last, the USA).

From my understanding, I have to take the MCAT exam and then apply. But is that also true for European medical schools/Canada?
Is it possible to get a scholarship if I can achieve a high MCAT exam?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am a student from a middle east country with an engineering background. After several years of spending my engineering life, I am now thinking of switching my major and start studying medicine to become a medical doctor rather than an engineer.

I also do not want to study in my country and I prefer to start a school in either one of the European countries or Canada (or at last, the USA).

From my understanding, I have to take the MCAT exam and then apply. But is that also true for European medical schools/Canada?
Is it possible to get a scholarship if I can achieve a high MCAT exam?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks
Welcome to SDN, @kadaj13 !

Unfortunately, people on this forum will know next to nothing about applying for medical school in foreign countries (i.e., not the US) especially in a non-traditional applicant. However, I strongly encourage you to visit the International Forums here on SDN (General International Discussion). I have a feeling more qualified and well-read people will be able to help you there.

Members don't see this ad :)
A lot of people do medical school in places like Hungary, then complete the USMLEs and go to the U.S to do residency. If you dont have any other options its a good solution = )