Applying for PT Schools on West Coast, input on schools accepting students with my stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adyager2010

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am graduating from WSU in the spring with a bachelors in kinesiology and a minor in strength training and conditioning (which involved well over 150 hours per semester for the last three semesters of my bachelors in the varsity weight room assisting the strength coaches and working with athletes). My current gpa is about a 3.2 (expecting to go up slightly with my last two semesters) and I am currently working in my first job shadow (max 40 hours) and will be getting hopefully a lot more in the spring and next summer. I am hoping to go to PT school on the west coast but would be excited to hear about schools from all over the country. I am just really trying to figure out where I have a good shot of acceptance to give me the best shot of getting in.
Thanks for any help you can provide!

and GO COUGS!!!

Members don't see this ad.

The Acceptance thread will be the best resource for you. Look into schools that don't favor instate students. Try to get a high GRE score and increase your GPA as much as you can. A 3.2 is pretty low for most of the west coast schools I've looked into (I'm also around that gpa and live in California), but you might have some luck with private schools too.

The Acceptance thread will be the best resource for you. Look into schools that don't favor instate students. Try to get a high GRE score and increase your GPA as much as you can. A 3.2 is pretty low for most of the west coast schools I've looked into (I'm also around that gpa and live in California), but you might have some luck with private schools too.
Yeah I skimmed through it so I'll go back and look more closely and see if I can find more info. Thank you.

Reactions: 1 user