Applying for residency without CS (US-IMG)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bearbear1234

Reaction score
I am an US-IMG and plan on applying for the 2021 MATCH. I currently am not able to register for CS due to issues with my date of birth. Some how I never caught that it was entered incorrectly and the notary service didnt catch it either. So now I'm waiting on ECFMG to issue my scheduling permit. I was told it would take 2-3 weeks to get my permit.

Looking at the scheduler on ECFMG there are no available dates until the end of August at any sites, meaning I wouldn't have my CS score until December or so. As a US-IMG will this filter me out of a lot of programs for interviews? I'm planning on taking CS as soon as possible, but my initial application as of September 15th won't have CS score on it.

I've read this will limit interviews, as many programs will filter out IMG's that dont have CS completed. Not sure how valid of statement that is. But to say the least I'm panicking to try to get CS scheduled.

Members don't see this ad.