Applying for sleep medicine fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shankisiva

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,
I am a second year family practice resident. Interested in sleep medicine fellowship.
When should I apply for the 2011-2012 fellowship. Is it too late to apply now. I heard back from a program that they have stopped accepting new applications at this time.
Can some one let me know the deadline for applying.
Thanks,
SEK.

Members don't see this ad.

It is quite variable...as there is a bona fide lack of standardization for the sleep programs across the country in this regard. Bear in mind also that sleep fellowships can be run by pulmonary, neurology, or psychiatry departments, too.

Some programs have already ceased to accept new applicants, and some do not even begin accepting applications until October! Try this link - http://www.acgme.org/adspublic/ - and select "Sleep medicine" as your specialty (it's under Internal Medicine). Then select every state you might be interested in and use the provided links to research their websites and see what specifics they are going by.

Good luck and best wishes.

I know this is kinda late, but I've been told to apply ~18 mos prior to when you want to start. So, if you're a starting PGY-II in FAMMED, then this coming December/Jan you'd contact the respective institutions you'd like to do the fellowship at.

Members don't see this ad :)
You still have time if you are still thinking.

It is still VERY variable although getting much more organized.