Applying from Quarter system school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MeghanMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm currently a non-science major planning to take my pre-reqs. This summer I could take a condensed version of gen chem, O chem I, and O Chem II in 3 week intensives but earn 4 credits each because I'm at a quarter system school.

Is this academic suicide? Has anyone else done an intensive like this?

If I take 1 year of bio, 1 year of phys, the equivalent of 1 year of chemistry, and calculus 1 at a quarter system school does this transfer to 8 sememster hours of bio, etc.?

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm currently a non-science major planning to take my pre-reqs. This summer I could take a condensed version of gen chem, O chem I, and O Chem II in 3 week intensives but earn 4 credits each because I'm at a quarter system school.

Is this academic suicide? Has anyone else done an intensive like this?

If I take 1 year of bio, 1 year of phys, the equivalent of 1 year of chemistry, and calculus 1 at a quarter system school does this transfer to 8 sememster hours of bio, etc.?
https://www.aamc.org/students/download/181676/data/amcas_grade_conversion_guide.pdf

For every 3 quarter hours, it transfers to 2 semester hours (makes sense because 3 quarters = 2 semesters).