1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

Applying from Quarter system school

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by MeghanMD, May 17, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. MeghanMD

MeghanMD 2+ Year Member

Apr 29, 2014
    So I'm currently a non-science major planning to take my pre-reqs. This summer I could take a condensed version of gen chem, O chem I, and O Chem II in 3 week intensives but earn 4 credits each because I'm at a quarter system school.

Is this academic suicide? Has anyone else done an intensive like this?

If I take 1 year of bio, 1 year of phys, the equivalent of 1 year of chemistry, and calculus 1 at a quarter system school does this transfer to 8 sememster hours of bio, etc.?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Kochanie

Kochanie

Dec 16, 2013
    https://www.aamc.org/students/download/181676/data/amcas_grade_conversion_guide.pdf

For every 3 quarter hours, it transfers to 2 semester hours (makes sense because 3 quarters = 2 semesters).

4. MeghanMD

MeghanMD 2+ Year Member

Apr 29, 2014
  5. Kochanie

Kochanie

Dec 16, 2013
    I'm taking Orgo in 3 week intensive quarters over the summer too, are you taking more than one at a time?