Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Applying from Quarter system school

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by MeghanMD, 05.17.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. MeghanMD

MeghanMD 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So I'm currently a non-science major planning to take my pre-reqs. This summer I could take a condensed version of gen chem, O chem I, and O Chem II in 3 week intensives but earn 4 credits each because I'm at a quarter system school.

Is this academic suicide? Has anyone else done an intensive like this?

If I take 1 year of bio, 1 year of phys, the equivalent of 1 year of chemistry, and calculus 1 at a quarter system school does this transfer to 8 sememster hours of bio, etc.?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Kochanie

Kochanie

Pre-Medical
    https://www.aamc.org/students/download/181676/data/amcas_grade_conversion_guide.pdf

For every 3 quarter hours, it transfers to 2 semester hours (makes sense because 3 quarters = 2 semesters).

4. MeghanMD

MeghanMD 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
  5. Kochanie

Kochanie

Pre-Medical
    I'm taking Orgo in 3 week intensive quarters over the summer too, are you taking more than one at a time?

About the ads