Mar 8, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Would applying roughly 3 weeks earlier give me an advantage?

Thinking about switching my test date from July 8th to June 17th because applying in August is "late".

Myuu

例えば、貴方の名前を忘れてしまうとか。 。。
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2007
Hanging with Darmok and Jalad. In Lothlorien.
Status
Would applying roughly 3 weeks earlier give me an advantage?

Thinking about switching my test date from July 8th to June 17th because applying in August is "late".
August isn't quite late, but earlier is better, if you're just as ready to take the test. Application season opens in June with most secondaries coming out through July, so the "race" is really to get marked complete (test scores, essays, letters all in) the fastest so that you have a better crack at those interview spots, before they start filling up later in the season.

Jun 12, 2009
Status
only take it later if you're ready. A lower MCAT score won't make up for submitting your application early. I wasn't complete at several schools until sept because they were waiting for my scores (i took the mcat late july).

Mar 8, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Thanks Myuu. Your avatar is awesome btw lol.

only take it later if you're ready. A lower MCAT score won't make up for submitting your application early. I wasn't complete at several schools until sept because they were waiting for my scores (i took the mcat late july).
Thanks. Did you get in? Im wondering if Ill be ready by June. I plan to study non stop all of May..

littlejuan

10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
Do not take the MCAT if you don't feel ready!

If you don't feel you are ready, you can always apply next cycle, and use the extra year to strengthen your app.

Or, if you decide that you will still apply with a later MCAT, make sure you have your application completed as soon as possible, submit it with at least one school listed. This way it will be verified by the time you get your MCAT score, and there will be no additional wait time. You can also start preparing your secondaries as soon as other people receive them so that you can submit things as fast as possible.