1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

Applying late, any advice on where to apply?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by medhopeful297, Oct 28, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. medhopeful297

medhopeful297

Oct 28, 2014
    Hey guys! I'm new to studentdoctor so I hope I'm posting in the right thread. I sent in my primary/secondaries earlier this cycle but I'm starting to get concerned about my chances. I wanted to add one or two more schools before the primary deadline passes. I understand it's pretty late in the cycle but I wanted to ask if there are any schools that are receptive to OOS applicants this late in the cycle? I have a LizzyM of ~70 (decent MCAT and decent GPA). I already applied to my state schools. Any help would be appreciated!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Ismet

Ismet PGY-fun! SDN Administrator 5+ Year Member

May 15, 2011
    Physician
    Moving to pre-med WAMC

4. medhopeful297

medhopeful297

Oct 28, 2014
    Isn't that where this is? Sorry, I'm a little confused haha

5. Catalystik

Catalystik Providing herd protection SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

If you want to add some schools this late in the cycle, I suggest they should have a Lizzy M score well below yours, so as to get some attention.

6. Ismet

Ismet PGY-fun! SDN Administrator 5+ Year Member

May 15, 2011
    Physician
    That is where this is. Because I moved it here. :p

medhopeful297 likes this.
  7. Goro

Goro 7+ Year Member

Suggest that you wait until the next cycle. Apply June 1.

8. Medguy22

Medguy22

Aug 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Wait until next cycle imo. But like they say, there is no harm in trying now, if you have the money.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  9. medhopeful297

medhopeful297

Oct 28, 2014
    Thanks for the replies!