Applying late to DO Schools (Mid-October)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed9898

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!! I am kind of in a predicament. So I was planning on taking my MCAT months ago but due to some personal reasons, I now have to push it back till the end of August so I won't be getting my score till end of September at the earliest. I'm not really the best-standardized test taker shooting for a 510 realistically any were from 502-505. My GPA is good 3.8 cGPA and 3.7sGPA. My resume is also good 1-year research 300 hours with a poster. Both clinical and non-clinical volunteer. pharm tech for 1 year and shadowing both MD and DO. In terms of letters of rec, I have ok ones, not the best. For the most part, I feel my app is pretty good I am happy with MD or DO and don't mind moving to anywhere in the country for school. My biggest fear is since I am applying very late will I even get an II this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

That's NOT late for DO.
Do you think that there is a possibility for MD If I am complete by October? Also will applying DO in October get me screened from anywhere, in particular, I am an Illinois resident was aiming for CCOM DO program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think that there is a possibility for MD If I am complete by October? Also will applying DO in October get me screened from anywhere, in particular, I am an Illinois resident was aiming for CCOM DO program.
MD, only at your state schools.

For the 2nd time, you are not late for DO in Oct.

Reactions: 1 users
If you really want MD wait a year to apply and apply early.

Reactions: 1 user
Better to apply earlier, but an October app won’t shut you out from DO schools if you have decent stats. Some schools strongly favor early apps, because they get massive heaps of apps and try to fill the class quickly—PCOM comes to mind.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied in November/December and got II to 10/13 schools I applied to.

Reactions: 1 users
MD, only at your state schools.

For the 2nd time, you are not late for DO in Oct.
Just one more question? Based on these factors and a mcat between 502-505 how many DO schools do you think I should apply too? Illinois resident.