applying late

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Geoff

Mzungu
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I decided very last minute that I wanted to apply to school's this year. I was going to wait an extra year but changed my mind. I have a 26 mcat and a 3.5 gpa, and a bunch of volunteer work. I hope its not too late. These are the schools that are still taking applications that I was going to apply too...

Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Bradenton 03/01/2005
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Main Campus
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Atlanta Campus
Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Mare Island
Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Nevada
Western University of Health Sciences / College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific

Do I have any chance? And I was wondering, why do these school's allow for such late applications, is there any paticular reason? Thanks, lata

Members don't see this ad.

If you check the pre-DO threads you'll find discussions on the schools you've applied to and how far along they are in filling their seats. In particular, LECOM's class is thought to be full.

Dude, yo. It's too late.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Geoff said:
Hello,
I decided very last minute that I wanted to apply to school's this year. I was going to wait an extra year but changed my mind. I have a 26 mcat and a 3.5 gpa, and a bunch of volunteer work. I hope its not too late. These are the schools that are still taking applications that I was going to apply too...

Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Bradenton 03/01/2005
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Main Campus
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Atlanta Campus
Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Mare Island
Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Nevada
Western University of Health Sciences / College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific

Do I have any chance? And I was wondering, why do these school's allow for such late applications, is there any paticular reason? Thanks, lata

Dr. Geoff

You have good GPA and little above average or average MCAT score. I would say GO FOR IT. You may land up getting accepted to atleast one school. what I have heard is that COMP interviews people all the way up to May.
PCOM-atlanta still has around 29 seats left. That doesn't seem a lot but the total class size is just 80 students so atleast one third of the class is empty.
PCOM (Main campus) started the process pretty late in the game so I am pretty sure they would be interviewing till late May.
LECOM-Bradenton- I read somewhere on SDN that the class is almost full.

But if you would apply early for next year, I am pretty sure that you will get into most of the schools you mention above.

If you were a steller applicant that's one thing. But you are about average, which means, it's probably to late.

Most schools are merely interviewing to fill the "alternate list"....keep the faith and apply next year.

You may also want to add NOVA to your list. They had the nerve to offer me an interview in June which in my opinion was ridiculous. Good luck and have faith! Call schools to check your status and try to express mail/priority mail as many apps as possible if you can afford it. When things arrive in big envelopes it makes them curious and eager to open it.

community said:
You may also want to add NOVA to your list. They had the nerve to offer me an interview in June which in my opinion was ridiculous. Good luck and have faith! Call schools to check your status and try to express mail/priority mail as many apps as possible if you can afford it. When things arrive in big envelopes it makes them curious and eager to open it.
It is now too late for all schools except TUCOM and COMP. TCOM, MSUCOM, AZCOM, CCOM and NSU (not NOVA) all have deadlines for primary applications before Feb 1.

kaikai128 said:
It is now too late for all schools except TUCOM and COMP. TCOM, MSUCOM, AZCOM, CCOM and NSU (not NOVA) all have deadlines for primary applications before Feb 1.

Yeah, your past the deadline for most schools already.

IMO is would not be worth spending the money to apply this year with about average stats. I would save your $$$ and apply next year EARLY and then you will have a much better chance ;) This cycle is pretty much over for people who have not already got their apps in.