Applying need help--what's special about your school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2002applicant

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I graduated from UCLA this June and I am applying this year. I am not too familiar with the schools I am applying to, so I wanted to hear from you guys about your schools and what do you think makes them distinct and what are the highlights of the the MD programs at your schools. I am applying all over the place, so please let me know about your school. :D ;)
I am applying to all the California school, except for Loma Linda.
NY: NYMedcollege, Albany,Albert Einstein, Mount Sinai, U of Rochester, Dartmouth, Cornell
DC: Georgetown and GW
Illinois: UIC, Chicago Med, U of Chicago,Loyola U of Chicago,Northwestern
Massach: BU and Tufts
Penn: Jefferson, Temple, MCP Hahnemann, Penn State, U of Pitt
VT: U of Vermont
MD: John Hopkins
Minnesota: Mayo Clinic
University of Michigan, Mich State and Tulane
***If anybody wants to share anything about those schools, that would be great

Thanks guys! :rolleyes: :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

It might be helpful if you listed schools so that people could respond to your list.

Well, here's one bit of info I can add: Dartmouth is in New Hampshire, not New York :)

Members don't see this ad :)
ok pple

I need help with

Tufts and Yale...

Why should I go to those schools? if you are in it, please give me substantial info thank you :D

I go to Tufts so I might be able to help you out a bit. The advantages of going here are friendly students who are really happy to be here, great faculty (haven't met most yet but rumored to be v. good), don't take anatomy until second semester (some might see this as a disadvantage), and lots of neat combined degree programs (MD/MPH, MD/MALD, MD/MBA). Tufts also is ranked in the Top 50 and is well-respected by residency directors, and has a wide range of affiliated hospitals. The disadvantages of going here are the cost (2nd most expensive school in the country) and the high cost of living in Boston. Let me know if you have any more questions!