Applying now vs. waiting for DAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wort

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,

i am a first time applicant with a competitive gpa. i was wondering if any vets could give me some advice:

here are my two options

1. apply to schools now (this week) and take the DAT at the end of august (hope that i do well because i already chose 10 schools that they are going to submit my DAT to)

2. wait until the beginning of september to apply (to ensure my DAT scores are above 15 before applying)

Members don't see this ad.

hi,

i am a first time applicant with a competitive gpa. i was wondering if any vets could give me some advice:

here are my two options

1. apply to schools now (this week) and take the DAT at the end of august (hope that i do well because i already chose 10 schools that they are going to submit my DAT to)

2. wait until the beginning of september to apply (to ensure my DAT scores are above 15 before applying)

Apply and submit now! It takes a while to verify your GPA so by the time you take your DATs the rest of your application is compiled. Sooner the better.

hi,

here are my two options

I'd apply to 1 school now and add more after you take you DAT. That way you'll save money (and the headache) if you get an unsatisfactory score...and if your score is fine, your GPA will be verified and your application delivered to schools way earlier than if you submitted in September.

PS Getting a 15 or below on any section is pretty hard to do as you'd have to miss roughly half of the questions.
http://www.ada.org/sections/educationAndCareers/pdfs/dat_estimate_score.pdf

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks "double bonded"! that is an interesting idea that i definitely hadn't considered

APPLY NOW!!! If there is a problem with your application you want to get it taken care of as soon as possible! I applied mid June...6 1/2 weeks later and after re-sending my transcripts 3 times, they finally received my transcripts today. Trust me, you don't want to go through all that in Sep/Oct or even later.