1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Applying OOS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by orangeman25, May 20, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. orangeman25

orangeman25 2+ Year Member

Sep 7, 2013
    somewhere down south
    If you are an applicant with stats that are roughly the median for an OOS school, what percentage of OOS acceptees should be a good threshold for you to consider applying?

20%? 30% ? Higher?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Zelda840

Zelda840

Oct 19, 2013
    I am going with schools that have at least 25% OOS.

4. Elewynne

Elewynne ...c/o 2018!! 5+ Year Member

Oct 30, 2011
    West living East
    I forget what my threshold was, but I want to say it was 30% or higher, quite possibly significantly higher. I come from a state with one school, so I relied heavily upon friendly OOS schools in my application. I recommend Rosalind Franklin, Drexel, Temple, Jefferson, Hofstra, Colorado to start your list of OOS friendly. More would likely depend on your actual stats and competitiveness overall.

5. SouthernGent

SouthernGent 2+ Year Member

Mar 28, 2013
    The Neutral Ground
    Where does one find these schools OOS acceptance rate? Is it a database or do I just need to go digging on their website?

6. ttothemac

ttothemac Gunner... the soccer fan kind 5+ Year Member

Jan 5, 2011
    The MSAR