Applying Reeeeeeeally late! What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scutmonkey

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am an IMG and probably wont be able to take my CSA till the end of April. I am looking to apply in the NY area for IM. Last year's results showed a lot of unfilled slots. You think I still have a shot at getting a position in JUNE?
Another question , what are the chances of PDs looking at me without my CSA result? Are they really closeminded about it? or can they make a decision based on the condition that it is valid only after I pass my CSA?

Members don't see this ad.

I think PDs vary widely in their desire to consider candidates without CSA results. Some programs won't even interview IMGs without their certificate, let alone without all tests completed. I do not know of a list of programs or PDs willing to look at candidates without completed credentials.

I suspect that such decisions are made on a case by case basis. If you are a stellar candidate, someone that they would really like to have, then I would gather that they may be willing to offer you a spot, or at least consider you pending completion of the CSA and certification processes.

Certainly there are open spots left in June and if you would rather take one of these left over spots than wait another year, then I am sure you should find it relatively easy to get something still open at that time.

Best of luck to you.