Applying to 16 schools WITHOUT MCAT SCORE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pls.stop2018

Reaction score
Many people have said not to apply to all of your schools until your MCAT score is in and just to apply to one. I take the MCAT on July 20th. My application is verified and I currently have 16 schools selected. The reason I am applying to 16 is because I have the fee waiver and get 16 free, however, my mother recently got married so I will not have the fee waiver next cycle if I end up applying again. Therefore, I will only be applying to 2-4 schools as opposed to 16 schools once again. How much of an impact does being a "reapplicant" have?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think that it's a bad thing? Since I wouldn't be reapplying to all of the schools anyway?
There is no way to know if these are the right schools this cycle (or would have been in the next).
You may have shot too high, too low or just right (or into your foot). There is no way to know without an MCAT score.

Do you think that it's a bad thing? Since I wouldn't be reapplying to all of the schools anyway?

Being a reapplicant is never a good thing and I am assuming your top choice schools are on your current list (ie state schools). If you don’t get in, i would take another year or so off to get the funds to pay for it. Applying to two schools as a reapplicant would be killer, imo.

Reactions: 1 user
Many people have said not to apply to all of your schools until your MCAT score is in and just to apply to one. I take the MCAT on July 20th. My application is verified and I currently have 16 schools selected. The reason I am applying to 16 is because I have the fee waiver and get 16 free, however, my mother recently got married so I will not have the fee waiver next cycle if I end up applying again. Therefore, I will only be applying to 2-4 schools as opposed to 16 schools once again. How much of an impact does being a "reapplicant" have?
Some schools are OK with it, but others will ask "what's wrong with this kid that s/he didn't get in the first time?"

Reactions: 1 user