Applying to Additional School AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TUforMD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have already been verified and submitted all of my applications but I had a quick question about adding another school to my school list. I want to add Rosalind Franklin but I was wondering about how long this process would take. Would I have to be re-verified? Would I get the secondary application relatively quickly or would it take a couple of months? Also, is it worth applying to another school at this point? Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

You wouldn't have to be re-verified. I think your app would be transmitted to the school pretty much immediately.

Considering its only two questions (100 words each) that I have already answered 100 times on previous applications, I would assume it would take a couple minutes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Considering its only two questions (100 words each) that I have already answered 100 times on previous applications, I would assume it would take a couple minutes.

For sure, their secondary is super short and they send it pretty quickly. Just remember that it's one of the schools that requires CASPer if you haven't taken that yet.

If you do, you'll likely get the secondary quick. If you already know what's on it and can quickly turn-around, then go for it.

I think the limit is actually 150, but yeah it's a pretty easy secondary. Go for it! Just make sure you have Casper done already. They're pretty slow about adding that to the file.

I think the limit is actually 150, but yeah it's a pretty easy secondary. Go for it!
Even better. My toughest part with secondaries is cutting it down to the word limit. Any idea how much it will hurt me if I submit as soon as I get it? Am I going to be considered really late?

Even better. My toughest part with secondaries is cutting it down to the word limit. Any idea how much it will hurt me if I submit as soon as I get it? Am I going to be considered really late?

It's mid Sept, if you can turn it around the same day, you won't be horribly late.