Applying to Dental School in Dominican Republic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

papi21

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the process that I will have to take if I want to apply to schools in Dominican Republic? I am a citizen of Dominican Republic but live in Florida and about to graduate from UF. Also how does financial aid work in Dominican Republic?

Members don't see this ad.

r u about to graduate from UF in dentistry??

UNIBE is the best option...check their website

Members don't see this ad :)
If you wanna go to the D.R the best place is UNIBE. Universidad Iberoamericana. Get on their website, and I think you can download their application, and you have to get a certificate of health, and some other things, but it should be on their website. Good Luck!

Trujillo?????????

Why would you put a ruthless dictator for your avatar?!?! (lostdemon)

Let me refresh your memory of dominican history:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafael_Trujillo

I'm all for freedom of speech but give me a break! what's next? Hitler???

My God!

trujillo is nothing beside hitler... and thats just an avatar, doesnt mean anything really... do u rather hipolito or leonel ?? :p... i was bored and didnt found anything cool...

I understand that obviously calling is the best way to find out the info. But is there anymore help or insight someone can provide on this topic?

Well i wanted to know what the process would be like if I decided to study in the Dominican republic. Could i just come back to the US and take the licensure exams and begin practicing or do I have to go to back to school and if so, for how long?

Well i wanted to know what the process would be like if I decided to study in the Dominican republic. Could i just come back to the US and take the licensure exams and begin practicing or do I have to go to back to school and if so, for how long?

Well, in a nutshell.... If you where to study over there it will be easy to get admittance, it will be cheaper than a US school, BUT you will be a FTD. None of the schools in the DR are ADA accredited. You will have to come back over here and fight for the same bone!(competing with everyone for a spot).

You will have to pass the boards just to get admittance in a 2/3 year program and pay tuition again, in USD Moolah. Soo having said that let's see..

4 years of dental school in Dominican Republic plus a year studying and passing your boards. Another year (sometimes 3 to get in), and 2 years in a IDP. So that makes 8-9 years? Sounds like a bargain!

Having a heart attack before 40? Priceless. For everything else there's Mastercard.

Yeah but u can also study for the boards while doing the dental school. Do u speak spanish? The classes r in spanish.

EDIT:

I forgot... why dont u just go to a dental school in US? (Ignoring the fact of how expensive it is)

Last edited:
Yeah but u can also study for the boards while doing the dental school. Do u speak spanish? The classes r in spanish.

EDIT:

I forgot... why dont u just go to a dental school in US? (Ignoring the fact of how expensive it is)

If you have time!

I didn't have time to study for the boards when I was there. :D

If only I could turn back time!:bang:

If you have time!

I didn't have time to study for the boards when I was there. :D

If only I could turn back time!:bang:

If u start studying since the first semester u could do it. I couldnt too, but i was with no idea that boards were so difficult to pass