Applying to Dental School Without All Pre-reqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

khRDH

Reaction score
Has anyone applied to dental school without having all of their pre-requisites completed and gotten accepted? I’m applying in 2021, but won’t have Physics II and biochemistry done until the end of summer.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad.

The only school that requires pre-reqs be completed at the time of application is Stony Brook. All other schools just require that your pre-reqs be completed before matriculation, usually by spring semester/quarter of the year you will start dental school (ie, if you're applying June 2021, pre-reqs must be done by Spring 2022, and you start Summer/Fall 2022). You can be accepted without having them completed, but your acceptance will be conditional and will require that you get a certain grade or above on those remaining pre-reqs (usually a C, but some schools require a B). Failure to meet that grade requirement will most likely result in your acceptance being rescinded.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I had not even started Physics II when I was accepted. It's totally fine.

Has anyone applied to dental school without having all of their pre-requisites completed and gotten accepted? I’m applying in 2021, but won’t have Physics II and biochemistry done until the end of summer.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
No problem, as long it's just a couple of courses and the ADCOMS can extrapolate that you will have the rest done by matriculation.