Applying to Dental School Without All Pre-reqs?

khRDH

Feb 10, 2019
  1. Pre-Dental
Has anyone applied to dental school without having all of their pre-requisites completed and gotten accepted? I’m applying in 2021, but won’t have Physics II and biochemistry done until the end of summer.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

artist2022

UCLA D4 🎉
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
  1. Dental Student
The only school that requires pre-reqs be completed at the time of application is Stony Brook. All other schools just require that your pre-reqs be completed before matriculation, usually by spring semester/quarter of the year you will start dental school (ie, if you're applying June 2021, pre-reqs must be done by Spring 2022, and you start Summer/Fall 2022). You can be accepted without having them completed, but your acceptance will be conditional and will require that you get a certain grade or above on those remaining pre-reqs (usually a C, but some schools require a B). Failure to meet that grade requirement will most likely result in your acceptance being rescinded.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

laundry

SDN Gold Donor
Sponsor
10+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2007
Berkeley, CA
  1. Dentist
Has anyone applied to dental school without having all of their pre-requisites completed and gotten accepted? I’m applying in 2021, but won’t have Physics II and biochemistry done until the end of summer.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
No problem, as long it's just a couple of courses and the ADCOMS can extrapolate that you will have the rest done by matriculation.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.