applying to Dental skewl

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

steven87

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello, i have taken the dat and wanted to know when its very unsafe to apply i've been told by my guidance councelor that the deadline is august 31 after that the application should be sent. But many schools have december deadlines let me know plz thx.

Members don't see this ad.

Schools vary in applicationd deadlines but most are around December. I think your counselor meant that August 31 is the lastest you should submit your application just to be on the safe side, although it is possible to submit your application later than that date.

unlike some other things in life, waiting until the very last moment when applying to dental school isn't too hot of an idea. it's not like showing up fashionably late to a party, but still getting in cause you missed the cutoff time by 5 minutes.

Applying early increases the chances you will get accepted. Applying later decreases them. that's pretty much it.

thx i realized that because i can do that but iam in the process of shadowing a dentist and it will be odd to suddenly ask him for a letter when i've only been there for a week, heh.