1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

applying to Dental skewl

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by steven87, Aug 1, 2006.

1. steven87

steven87 Member
    5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    hello, i have taken the dat and wanted to know when its very unsafe to apply i've been told by my guidance councelor that the deadline is august 31 after that the application should be sent. But many schools have december deadlines let me know plz thx.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tinman831

tinman831 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Administrator Dentist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Schools vary in applicationd deadlines but most are around December. I think your counselor meant that August 31 is the lastest you should submit your application just to be on the safe side, although it is possible to submit your application later than that date.

4. djeffreyt

djeffreyt Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    unlike some other things in life, waiting until the very last moment when applying to dental school isn't too hot of an idea. it's not like showing up fashionably late to a party, but still getting in cause you missed the cutoff time by 5 minutes.

Applying early increases the chances you will get accepted. Applying later decreases them. that's pretty much it.

5. steven87

steven87 Member
    5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    thx i realized that because i can do that but iam in the process of shadowing a dentist and it will be odd to suddenly ask him for a letter when i've only been there for a week, heh.