1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Applying to Duquesne Even Worth It?

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by noke11, Jul 31, 2015.

1. noke11

2+ Year Member

Physical Therapy Student
    So I'm putting the finishing touches on my application and will be finished with it fairly soon (summer class finals on Monday for Physics and Dev Psych). Overall, I have pretty competitive stats. Unfortunately, I have no desire to stay in-state for PT school. I live in the Charleston, SC area and am not too fond of it. The only schools in state are MUSC (Charleston) and USC (Columbia). I'm still applying to these schools, but they are not my first choice. I know there's a big difference in price, but I'm not willing to sacrifice 3 happy years of my life for something like money. It's just not THAT big of a concern for me. Plus, chances are my connections will be made wherever I go to school.

I grew up in Pittsburgh and really would love to go back. I plan on applying to Pitt and Chatham. But, I was wondering if it was even worth it to apply to Duquesne? Their site says that they likely won't have many, if any, spots this coming year for students applying from outside of their undergrad program. I just don't understand why they would even put a statement like that on their website... It's almost like they're discouraging people from applying.

Basically, I was just wondering if anyone from the Duquesne program or around the Pittsburgh area knows anything about this.

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Bluecase

2+ Year Member

I applied to Pitt and Duquesne a few years ago and I had very competitive stats. I got into every school but wait listed at Duquesne for the reason you mentioned above. So I would say don't bother and focus on Pitt and Chatham.

4. DesertPT

5+ Year Member

Physical Therapist
    Not worth the application fee, IMO.