1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Applying to Howard, Morehouse, Drew, or Meharry

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by pathdr2b, Sep 18, 2002.

1. pathdr2b

pathdr2b Membership Revoked
    Removed

Just curious to know if anyone other than myself, has any of these schools on their list.

My list (class starting 2004):

Howard
    Harvard
    Morehouse
    Maryland
    Hopkins

To be extended at a later date.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. BushBaby

BushBaby Nipplelina
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I see here that all your schools are on the east side...why not branch out a little. Why don't u have any NY schools?

4. pathdr2b

Removed

Personal reasons too numerous to name. I do love New York City as I was there two weekends ago. Not anything like I imagined (too many TV influences) but I spent the majority of my time in Manhattan (SP?). The people there were ALOT nicer than these folks in the DC area where I currently live. TONS nicer, not as rude as I expected based on the "rumors" about New Yorkers.

5. BushBaby

BushBaby Nipplelina
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    WOW you think New Yorkers are nice....? Well that's an awful nice thing to say......:)

I actually applied to Howard and ended up being waitlisted. I have been on the east coast for 13 yrs and I am tired of it. When I re-apply next time around I will branch westward.

6. pathdr2b

Removed

Absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one else on SDN has ANY of these schools on their list. I wonder why :confused: ..........?

To BushBaby, if you were waitlisted I would definitely reapply if I were you. You never know, this time you might get in. By the way, I didn't get in when I applied to Howard years ago either. This time I'm a MUCH better applicant and I'm expecting good things. I'm also thinking of doing the summer program next year to better my chances. Howard also has a postbac program that I heard will admit students who do well to their current class (ie do the program Fall2002/Spring2003 and start med school Fall 2003)

Well, Good Luck with whatever you decided!!

7. ocean11

ocean11 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yeah I'm also applying to Howard and Harvard among others....

8. BushBaby

BushBaby Nipplelina
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I would love to re-apply to howard (for 2003 instead of waiting for 2004) but they put me thru soo much run around that I just lost interest in them for now.

If I re-apply I would be re-applying with the same weak application. I rather take the mcat again in 2003 (april) and apply to a whole bunch of schools again with a better score. I want to make my application stronger so I have a better chance of getting in instead of being placed on a waitlist and nothing happening. I will re-apply to howard again for 2004 though.

9. ocean11

ocean11 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi Bush Baby... just outta curiousity (if you don't mind that is) what are your stats?

10. wolferman

wolferman Member?
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm applying to Howard. I guess it came down to the fact that it was the only 1 of the 4 that I would actually attend if I was accepted.

11. BushBaby

BushBaby Nipplelina
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I was in the 20's....:( the lower end. :rolleyes: It wasn't my fault.....I tried my best...I really really really did. I just f'ed up the verbal...my sciences were okay...I just panicked during verbal section. It was unbelieveable...I still can't believe that I froze. :eek:

I figure my science scores were the ones that got me my interviews.........but my verbal score obviously led to my downfall.

It's all good though....this is what second (in my case third) chances are for;)