Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Applying to MD, MD/PhD & MD/MBA Simultaneously?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by james1988, Jun 12, 2008.

1. james1988

Removed

Pre-Medical
    Lets say I want to go to a certain school that offers both MD, MD PhD, and MD MBA programs; is it possible to apply to all 3 of these programs or can you only apply for one? If I don't get into combined MD/___ program(s) will I still be considered for the respective MD program alone?

2. bcat85

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It may not be a bad idea to just pick MD/PhD or MD/MBA and go for it. If you don't get into the second degree program, some may still accept you MD only. Realistically, it would actually be best to decide what you want to apply to and only apply to that.

3. 1956Goldtop

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    You can also apply internally into their MD/PhD or MD/MBA programs as an MD only student (which is what I plan on doing). It seems like your interests are scattered. MD/PhD and MD/MBA programs have completely different goals in mind for its students.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. TheRealMD

TheRealMD "The Mac Guy"
    5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    I'd say it's a lot easier to apply MD, then switch to MD/PhD or MD/MBA than to apply to all 3 at the same time. Most people are probably gonna wonder why you haven't made up your mind.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Caesar

Caesar In Memory of Riley Jane
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Qft.