Dec 1, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm interested in applying to MD/MPH programs. Can anyone give me an overview of the application process and how it is similar/different from just applying to MD programs?

Some of the schools I have looked at ask for you to apply to the programs separately, and I was wondering if that policy is an all-or-nothing policy (i.e. you can only go if you get into both).

Any information on this would be much appreciated!

sotto voce

Removed
May 13, 2012
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I'm interested in applying to MD/MPH programs. Can anyone give me an overview of the application process and how it is similar/different from just applying to MD programs?

Some of the schools I have looked at ask for you to apply to the programs separately, and I was wondering if that policy is an all-or-nothing policy (i.e. you can only go if you get into both).

Any information on this would be much appreciated!
At my state school, they're pretty much separate and you apply once you get into med school. You take a year for the MPH either between M2 and M3 or M3 and M4. They offere a handful of concentrations, but only one of these can be done in the year program, so your options are a bit limited (at least at this school). I wanted to do an epidemiology concentration, but that's not offered in the one-year version of the program. Hope that helps. I'd recommend researching the schools in which you're interested to find out real details.