Applying to med school..when?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docmira

Princess of Power
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a 3rd year university student in Canada.
I plan to apply to Canadian and American medical schools.
However, I'm confused about WHEN to apply..
I know for US you apply in the Spring/Summer of your 3rd year..
What about Canada? is it the same??

Also,
Just some input..do you guys think I should apply to both Can and US schools at the same time??
Or apply first to Can schools then American the following year??

Thanks a lot!
:D

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, Im not from Canada, but im sure you would apply at the same time as students from the US. We apply the summer after the completion of Junior year. You should apply to as MANY places, including Canda schools and US schools, at the same time. That way, you run a less of a risk of having to reapply the next year. Hope that helped. Good luck, and remember, you really should apply as soon as possible (JUNE)! :)

You should check with the Canadian schools you are interested in to get the exact deadlines of application, I think all of them state them on the internet. However, for most, you apply by the middle of November of your senior (4th) year. Hope this helps.

BTW, here's a good link that provides some decently accurate information for Canadian schools.

<a href="http://www.brocku.ca/experienceplus/medplus/cms.html" target="_blank">Canadian Schools</a>