Applying to Medical School w/o Bachelors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tifflove13

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten accepted into medical school without a Bachelor's degree? There are some schools that do not require one.

Sent from my SM-G935P using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone gotten accepted into medical school without a Bachelor's degree? There are some schools that do not require one.

I would you even try? Just because the school doesn't require it does not mean that they don't prefer you to have one. You also significantly limit the number of schools that you can apply to.

Reactions: 1 users
I highly doubt it will work. I believe even if a school doesn't require it every applicant for the past so many years has had a bachelors.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would you even try? Just because the school doesn't require it does not mean that they don't prefer you to have one. You also significantly limit the number of schools that you can apply to.
I was thinking of applying my junior year and if I didn't get accepted, finish my 4th year for my bachelors. Not a big deal, I don't think it would hurt anything.

I was thinking of applying my junior year and if I didn't get accepted, finish my 4th year for my bachelors. Not a big deal, I don't think it would hurt anything.

You are unlikely to have all the prerequisites finished if you are science major as well as the MCAT. Trying to squeeze all the classes into 3 years is likely to lead to a worse GPA. I would not recommend this.

Reactions: 1 user

Do you mean applying in spring of junior year? Or sophomore year?

Now I mean the June at the end of your junior year, to be clear. You actually apply in the summer between junior and senior year.
So you would still have to complete your senior year if you applied then?

So you would still have to complete your senior year if you applied then?

Yes. If you apply the summer after junior year, during senior year is when you would go on interviews and such. Spring of senior year is when you have to make a decision on which medical school to attend.

Isn't this what Rand Paul did with Duke?

Yes, but Duke now requires a bachelor's. A few still don't require finishing undergrad, but most (all?) of them don't actually accept anyone without it.

Reactions: 1 user
Generally you get accepted to schools on the condition that you actually finish all of the degrees you list on your app.

Reactions: 1 users