Applying to medical school with 2 bachelor's degrees?

preMedFalcon

Membership Revoked
Removed
Dec 28, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
    First some background information:

My college offers a combined degree program in which you stay at this college for 3 or 4 years and earn a BA in any major, and then you're guaranteed transfer admission to Columbia University for another 2 years and earn a BS in any engineering discipline. After you complete this program (which overall will take 5 or 6 years), you will have 2 bachelor's degrees from 2 different colleges (this college and Columbia). And, of course, the guaranteed transfer admission is dependent on if you satisfy all the requirements.

Now my concerns:

1) Will medical schools question why I have 2 bachelor's degrees from 2 different colleges (assuming both degrees are related to each other)? What impressions might this give?
    2) If I do a BA in computer science and then a BS in computer science (which I will be able to do if I pursue this program), will this seem strange?

Goro

Lifetime Donor
    10+ Year Member
    Verified Expert
    Jun 11, 2010
    Somewhere west of St. Louis
    1. Non-Student
      First some background information:

My college offers a combined degree program in which you stay at this college for 3 or 4 years and earn a BA in any major, and then you're guaranteed transfer admission to Columbia University for another 2 years and earn a BS in any engineering discipline. After you complete this program (which overall will take 5 or 6 years), you will have 2 bachelor's degrees from 2 different colleges (this college and Columbia). And, of course, the guaranteed transfer admission is dependent on if you satisfy all the requirements.

Now my concerns:

1) Will medical schools question why I have 2 bachelor's degrees from 2 different colleges (assuming both degrees are related to each other)? What impressions might this give?
      2) If I do a BA in computer science and then a BS in computer science (which I will be able to do if I pursue this program), will this seem strange?
      1) No. No one will care.

2) You'll likely to be asked why you did this, but that's it.

Why would you think that this would be an issue?

Be forewarned that engineering is a major that kills medical careers, because it usually wrecks GPAs.

Reactions: 4 users
      About the Ads
      This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.