Applying to medical schools without completing pre-requisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

postbacpremed87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Scenario: Can I apply to medical school without having all of the pre-reqs completed. I am a post-bac non-traditional. My first degree was in Econ. Most schools do not state whether or not they are required at the point of application or matriculation. I have one medical school in mind that I want to go to (I want to apply early decision). My BCPM is a 3.8. I will have Org 2 and Bio 2 left to complete. Let's say I get a 30+ on the MCAT (not out of the possibility....I have been prepping like crazy using the 3 month schedule).

I have had tons of BCPM class, just not the particular prerequisites. For instance, I got into a physiology class with special permission...very helpful for bio section. I have had all coursework for PS section. VS section can improve with practice.

Can I submit my application in June with a 30+ MCAT, 3.8 BCPM, good ECs, and still have Org 2 and Bio 2 yet to be completed? I will complete Org 2 in the second summer and bio 2 in the fall.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Scenario: Can I apply to medical school without having all of the pre-reqs completed. I am a post-bac non-traditional. My first degree was in Econ. Most schools do not state whether or not they are required at the point of application or matriculation. I have one medical school in mind that I want to go to (I want to apply early decision). My BCPM is a 3.8. I will have Org 2 and Bio 2 left to complete. Let's say I get a 30+ on the MCAT (not out of the possibility....I have been prepping like crazy using the 3 month schedule).

I have had tons of BCPM class, just not the particular prerequisites. For instance, I got into a physiology class with special permission...very helpful for bio section. I have had all coursework for PS section. VS section can improve with practice.

Can I submit my application in June with a 30+ MCAT, 3.8 BCPM, good ECs, and still have Org 2 and Bio 2 yet to be completed? I will complete Org 2 in the second summer and bio 2 in the fall.

Yes, and I've seen it done successfully with admission to schools such as Harvard & Hopkins.