Applying to medical schools without completing pre-requisites

postbacpremed87

7+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2011
  1. Medical Student
    Scenario: Can I apply to medical school without having all of the pre-reqs completed. I am a post-bac non-traditional. My first degree was in Econ. Most schools do not state whether or not they are required at the point of application or matriculation. I have one medical school in mind that I want to go to (I want to apply early decision). My BCPM is a 3.8. I will have Org 2 and Bio 2 left to complete. Let's say I get a 30+ on the MCAT (not out of the possibility....I have been prepping like crazy using the 3 month schedule).

I have had tons of BCPM class, just not the particular prerequisites. For instance, I got into a physiology class with special permission...very helpful for bio section. I have had all coursework for PS section. VS section can improve with practice.

Can I submit my application in June with a 30+ MCAT, 3.8 BCPM, good ECs, and still have Org 2 and Bio 2 yet to be completed? I will complete Org 2 in the second summer and bio 2 in the fall.

Last edited:

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
    Verified Expert
    15+ Year Member
    Mar 7, 2005
    1. Academic Administration
      Scenario: Can I apply to medical school without having all of the pre-reqs completed. I am a post-bac non-traditional. My first degree was in Econ. Most schools do not state whether or not they are required at the point of application or matriculation. I have one medical school in mind that I want to go to (I want to apply early decision). My BCPM is a 3.8. I will have Org 2 and Bio 2 left to complete. Let's say I get a 30+ on the MCAT (not out of the possibility....I have been prepping like crazy using the 3 month schedule).

I have had tons of BCPM class, just not the particular prerequisites. For instance, I got into a physiology class with special permission...very helpful for bio section. I have had all coursework for PS section. VS section can improve with practice.

Can I submit my application in June with a 30+ MCAT, 3.8 BCPM, good ECs, and still have Org 2 and Bio 2 yet to be completed? I will complete Org 2 in the second summer and bio 2 in the fall.

Yes, and I've seen it done successfully with admission to schools such as Harvard & Hopkins.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.