kev1n

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2006
Status
Hi,

Sorry if this is a repeat.. I thought I remember seeing a thread like this a while back but could not seem to find it under the search.. i guess I'm bad at keywording and such..

anyways.. I am wondering if the DO schools know how many other DO schools the applicants apply to..

At first I was thinking around 15 but then decided that maybe I should do 20 just to be safe.. yea all the schools.. but how would it look (assuming they know how many I am appliyng to) in reflection to me as an applicant. would i look desperate or motivated?

I welcome any suggestions..

jbone

Herro!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2005
Some freakin corn field in Iowa
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Go for it! I applied to a million schools MD/DO based on the fact that I didn't want to NOT get into medical school only because of money/application fees/time etc. Does that make sense? :confused: It's a numbers game and if you get in early and often, you should be fine. Good luck! :thumbup:

(sorry for the grammar/poor english, it's almost 3 am and I have 6 more hours to go until I get to go home and sleep. :sleep: )

n0chi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2005
Status
schools will ask which other schools you applied to. im not sure what they do with that info however lol.
i would say apply to as many as you can afford :)
gl!

About the Ads

OSUdoc08

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
Status
Medical Student
kev1n said:
Hi,

Sorry if this is a repeat.. I thought I remember seeing a thread like this a while back but could not seem to find it under the search.. i guess I'm bad at keywording and such..

anyways.. I am wondering if the DO schools know how many other DO schools the applicants apply to..

At first I was thinking around 15 but then decided that maybe I should do 20 just to be safe.. yea all the schools.. but how would it look (assuming they know how many I am appliyng to) in reflection to me as an applicant. would i look desperate or motivated?

I welcome any suggestions..
1. They know how many schools you apply to.

2. They don't care. It won't affect anything.

FutureDocDO

1K Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I don't think they know how many schools you are applying to. Although one school, can't remember which, will ask you for a list on their secondary application. Others might ask you during the interview. Having said that, applying to a lot of schools will not have any negative impact on your application. It will only increase your chances of getting an acceptance. :luck:

MikeyLu2010

UT Longhorns Alumni
10+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2005
Houston, TX
Status
Attending Physician
NSU asks for which schools you applied for on the 2ndary...And they asked about it during the interview..no big deal

AmyO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2006
Status
Medical Student
The lower your MCAT & GPA is, the more schools you will want to apply to. I don't think it's necessary to apply to every school though if you have a competitive application (which I would consider 25+ MCAT & 3.5+ GPA). Also, don't apply to schools which you would never consider going to. I know this sounds stupid, but there are plenty of threads out there in which applicants only got into 1 school and hated it (or the location) so much that they were wanting to turn down their only acceptance and apply again. Keep in mind to set aside some cash for traveling expenses for potential interviews. 16 interviews doesn't mean too much if you can't afford to actually go to them. One more thing to keep in the back of your mind, you have to pay a BUTTLOAD of money once you get in. With that being said, if you think you need to apply to all of the schools and you have the dough to finance it, go with your gut. Good luck!

OP
K

kev1n

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2006
Status
Thanks for all the responses.. appreciate the help!

About the Ads