Applying to my school's early assurance program doesn't make me a reapplicant does it?

LuluLovesMe

Membership Revoked
Removed
Nov 5, 2014
Status
Medical Student
I applied to my undergrad's early assurance program in my sophomore year and was not given an acceptance to the medical school. That was over 4 years ago now. Does this make me a reapplicant?

Also would it make a good secondary response to discuss how worked on my weaknesses and improved from there instead of just applying to med school traditionally?

gyngyn

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
I applied to my undergrad's early assurance program in my sophomore year and was not given an acceptance to the medical school. That was over 4 years ago now. Does this make me a reapplicant?
You should probably mention it in the application to that school.
If a school asks in the secondary whether you have ever applied to any medical school it would be prudent to say yes. No big deal.

OP
LuluLovesMe

LuluLovesMe

Membership Revoked
Removed
Nov 5, 2014
Status
Medical Student
You should probably mention it in the application to that school.
If a school asks in the secondary whether you have ever applied to any medical school it would be prudent to say yes. No big deal.
I answered no in secondaries because I never really considered it. It didn't even require anything but a GPA, essay and resume. This is my first AAMCAS cycle. Am I in big trouble?

OP
LuluLovesMe

LuluLovesMe

Membership Revoked
Removed
Nov 5, 2014
Status
Medical Student
No, you'll be fine.
Phew ok. Is it a detriment to talk about how the rejection made me examine my weaknesses and decide to take two years off to improve myself rather than apply directly? The essay question is about a setback.

gyngyn

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
Phew ok. Is it a detriment to talk about how the rejection made me examine my weaknesses and decide to take two years off to improve myself rather than apply directly? The essay question is about a setback.
If that's your "best" setback, sure.

OP
LuluLovesMe

LuluLovesMe

Membership Revoked
Removed
Nov 5, 2014
Status
Medical Student
If that's your "best" setback, sure.
Haha I know it's a pretty weak setback. The real setbacks I've faced are a bit too personal to include imo.

Also thanks again Gyngyn. You seem to always be the first to help!