Applying to ortho for the first time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

millrunner

Reaction score
Hello, I'm graduating from a Canadian DS this year and I'm applying to ortho in Canada and the US this cycle. I have taken the NDEB (Canadian board) and the INBDE, and I will take the GRE later in April. I will start working in private clinic after I get my diploma. For recommendation letters, I have one ortho who has agreed to provide a letter, with the other letters coming from demos in other disciplines. I have 4 publications, 2 of which I am the first author (none of which is ortho-related). I have very little community involvement outside of required internships. However, my biggest weakness is my class rank, where I place near the middle of the class (my grades were mainly brought down by clinicals, where depending on the discipline teachers tend to the average grade unless you are personally close to them).

How much of a shot would you guys say I have? Should I take the ADAT to try to boost my profile (granted it's pretty late in the year to start preparing for it)? How/where should I apply to maximize my chances? Thanks for any advice and feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user