General Admissions & OTCAS Applying to OT school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ehuss21

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am applying to occupational therapy schools and I am trying to determine if I should apply right now or take a gap year to improve my stats. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated! My stats are as follows:

GPA: 3.18
University: John Carroll University
Major: Exercise Science and a minor in Psychology
Pre-Req GPA: 3.1-3.3 (school dependent)
Observation Hours: 92 pediatric outpatient and I currently work at Cleveland Clinic Rehabilitation with 24 hours so far
Extra Curricular: Went abroad to Italy, volunteered at a soup kitchen while living in Rome, Founder and President of Occupational and Physical Therapy Club at John Carroll, Member of Exercise Science Club at John Carroll

Be as brutally honest as you feel necessary :)

Members don't see this ad.

I dont think it hurts to apply to a few schools this round and worst comes to worst you can take the gap year and make your stats more competitive and apply again

Reactions: 1 users
I think you should apply! The only thing that I can see that you might be questioning is your GPA, but I think you have a lot of good experience that can help offset that. As long as you meet the school's minimum requirement, then I think you should give it a shot and emphasize your experience and commitment to the field!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone!
I am applying to occupational therapy schools and I am trying to determine if I should apply right now or take a gap year to improve my stats. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated! My stats are as follows:

GPA: 3.18
University: John Carroll University
Major: Exercise Science and a minor in Psychology
Pre-Req GPA: 3.1-3.3 (school dependent)
Observation Hours: 92 pediatric outpatient and I currently work at Cleveland Clinic Rehabilitation with 24 hours so far
Extra Curricular: Went abroad to Italy, volunteered at a soup kitchen while living in Rome, Founder and President of Occupational and Physical Therapy Club at John Carroll, Member of Exercise Science Club at John Carroll

Be as brutally honest as you feel necessary :)
Honestly, you never know. Just try it out! You got this! ☺️