• A new admissions hurdle is becoming more common: the CASPer test. Learn more about it at a free webinar hosted by SDN and PrepMatch on May 6th. Register now!

Futuredoc_2022

2+ Year Member
May 6, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
MS3 here at a mid-tier MD school in the Midwest. I’ll be applying for Internal Medicine in the upcoming cycle.

Average stats:
Step 1 - 23x
Clinical rotations - mostly high pass with 1-2 honors with excellent feedback on rotations
Research - one first author publication, several poster presentations, hoping for two more pending publications (not first author) by the time I submit ERAS

Would like to go out of state for residency (CA, TX, East coast). Any recommendations on programs to apply to? Advice on networking?

Last edited:

Mnowledge

2+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
MS3 here at a mid-tier MD school in the Midwest. I’ll be applying for Internal Medicine in the upcoming cycle.

Average stats:
Step 1 - 23x
Clinical rotations - mostly high pass with 1-2 honors with excellent feedback on rotations
Research - one first author publication, several poster presentations, hoping for two more pending publications (not first author) by the time I submit ERAS

Would like to go out of state for residency (CA, TX, East coast). Any recommendations on programs to apply to? Advice on networking?
A good place to start would be the prior match list from you school. Do you have any alumni in those states/regions? If so, connect with them via social media or get their email info from your alumni/dean's office.

Futuredoc_2022

2+ Year Member
May 6, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
A good place to start would be the prior match list from you school. Do you have any alumni in those states/regions? If so, connect with them via social media or get their email info from your alumni/dean's office.
Looked up a couple of programs' residents lists and a few alumni in those regions . Any suggestions on what to ask them? Especially with minimum away rotations available this year, not sure what to do.

Mnowledge

2+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Tell them exactly what you asked in this tread. Alumni are more understanding and can give you specific advice/insider scoop.
Would like to go out of state for residency (CA, TX, East coast). Any recommendations on programs to apply to?

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.