Applying to Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abs1980

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to posting here, I just had a question about apllying to programs through ERAS. I want to apply early, As close to Sept. 1st as possible, but my application is not fully complete. I have finished my CAF, Personal Statement, and have 2 LOR in the system, however it will be 2-3 weeks befor my school has posted my transcript to the system. My question is should I apply now and send what I have to the Programs, or wait until my app. is complete with transcript and my last LOR.
Any advice is appreciated,
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Just submit what you have - the programs can start downloading your information and some programs start offering interviews just based on what is available. Others wait until it is complete. Your Dean's letter won't be in for a while - there really is no point in waiting.

Do programs also reject applications based on the inital ERAS applications? I haven't heard or seen anyone on these lists mention this...

JKP said:
Do programs also reject applications based on the inital ERAS applications? I haven't heard or seen anyone on these lists mention this...
I'm sure this happens, especially in the more competitive programs. Board score cutoffs exist too. Grade cutoffs can also exist.

AndyMilonakis said:
I'm sure this happens, especially in the more competitive programs. Board score cutoffs exist too. Grade cutoffs can also exist.

Personal photo cutoffs as well. ;)