Applying to Schools with a 10.1 deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DesiPT92

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, everyone, I had a quick question. This is my first post. I just submitted my application last night on 9.28.18 to 3 schools for now. . Right now for the schools, the status says complete, and I know the final step is that it will say verified. My question is I am trying to apply for Samuel Meritt that has a deadline of 10.1.18. I doubt my application will be verified by then, so is it a waste of money to apply to the school or does the application just have to have a status of "complete" by the deadline? In that case, I can send it. Thank you, everyone, and good luck with all your apps :).

Members don't see this ad.

So I think it depends. I would call the school and ask or check their website if it's on there. Some schools require that you have your application verified by the deadline. Other schools will accept your application and just won't start reviewing it until it is verified.

Lately though, everything seems to be getting verified super quickly... My friend's application was verified in like 5 hours and all 3 of the ones I submitted in September have been verified in under a day. I think it just depends on the "traffic" of how busy it is with everyone sending in their apps. Check you status again, you might be surprised that it is verified so soon. Best of luck!!! :)

Submit your PTCAS application and arrange for materials to arrive at PTCAS by the program's deadline. The deadline indicates when materials must arrive at PTCAS (and NOT the program).

This was from the PTCAS website. You are fine as long as you submit everything before October 1st. PTCAS may take until after that to verify your app, but that's ok. Good luck with everything!

**UPDATE: After looking some more, Stacey265 is correct; some schools do want the app verified by the deadline. For example, Texas Tech specifically states PTCAS applicants must be verified by the October deadline. I didn't see anything on Samuel Meritt's website specifying when the app has to be verified so contacting them would be the best course of action. Thanks for the question, because this was news to me as well!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted on 9/29/18 and was shocked to see notification this morning that my application had been verified already! Maybe yours has too?

Schools select their PTCAS deadline and it means that everything must be submitted by the applicant, fee paid, by the deadline--unless specified otherwise. Applicants can't submit an application to the school following the deadline--the application closes. Schools understand that the verification process takes time--days to weeks.

For example, today is the first deadline. An applicant "in progress" now can finish and have the application "submitted" by the 11:59pm EST deadline tonight and be fine, however, the application won't be verified for a few days to weeks. The verification process runs on a timeline that is beyond the applicant's control save for getting PTCAS all the right transcripts.